Saturday, August 9, 2008

End of my summer


Since these are my last few hours of summer I decided to do what I want and cut fabric all day. This is a Scrap Therapy quilt designed to use your leftovers. ALL the fabric is leftover so I only need the larger border piece to go around this as I don't have large pieces of "leftovers". It is on my design wall so I can put up all the pieces and move them around until I get it just like I want it before I sew it together. I have enough in my fabric stash to make one more of these too! Meanwhile I spent all Friday in my classroom getting my mind wrapped around the idea that I need to teach this week. I have to say, it is currently not a pleasant thought as I have to hit the ground running with meetings and so on. It makes me envy Rick's idyllic life as a retiree. Someday.... Until then I will steal minutes when I can be creative. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I've never heard of a scrap therapy quilt but I can imagine many ways in which this would be therapy. I like your layout so far. Post more pics as the project progresses.

Alexis said...

i love the colors in this!