Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Girl is on the move!!

Last night we loaded up the trailer and her car and moved the baby girl up to her new apartment. Yep, she's turning 19 in less than a month but she's baby girl. Joanna's sharing a place with 2 girls from her team. It just made sense with the cost of gas. Since school is paid for we felt it was an even trade gas-wise. This way, she has a place to go between classes. She's 5 min. from campus when they get home late from away games and when the weather gets cruddy, which can be really cruddy with ice, etc. I think she'll feel more a part of the team also which is one of the things she loves about playing volleyball.
Her trunk is full of clothes :>)
We didn't count how many trips up and down the stairs. I'm pretty sure it was less than the 3-story sets of stairs at Ben and Alli's. Tee hee.
I forgot to take pictures inside. Suffice to say there are a lot (A LOT) of surf posters and volleyball pics and paraphernalia. Roxy and Tommy are hanging everywhere, even in the bathroom (shower curtain and all). Look at the sliding glass door on the deck: it's a HUGE #1 with surf stuff on it. They're gonna have fun!! Who knows, Joanna may learn to cook. It's weird though. John and I feel like we've been through so many transitions over the past few years. But like I said when John got a little misty, "Honey, you know how it goes, one leaves and another one or two come back." Such are our empty nest experiences thus far.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Go Jo!

Jeanie said...

Rock on, baby girl!

Ben and Alli said...

I thought we fed you for all of the hard work you did when you helped us move? What are you trying to say? We still owe you? JK! It's very cool to see Jo moving out into the BIG world. It reminded us of moving. It was one year exactly (not kidding) that we moved up to Oregon. Man, has the year flown by.

Alexis said...

yes, Alli, you fed us well! I was teasing too. Although, there are a TON of stairs at your place. At least 4 more sets than Jo's.

Ben and Alli said...

That was Ben giving you such a hard time. How funny! Alli