Monday, December 15, 2008

It Snowed!




It began snowing yesterday about 6 a.m. and continued for a few hrs. I'd say we got about inches. I didn't venture out in it so you get the views from the dining room and front doors :>) John replenished the bird feeder. Yesterday chains were required on all freeways in the PDX metro area, lots of churches were closed, most activities were canceled or postponed. This Monday morning everything is now ice which makes traveling exciting. Fortunately, I don't have to go in to work as they're expecting most offices to be closed. John is working in town so he doesn't have to brave the freeways. Most schools are closed and may be through the week as we anticipate more snow. It's very windy with the temp at our house a breathtaking 20 degrees.

2 comments:

Julia said...

WOW! All I heard was that schools may close for a week - where do I sign up? Alli and Ben were woken by howling winds and no electricity so although they aren't working, they are cold.

Anonymous said...

The kids are all wishing we had some snow here or that we were up there. Kristin says, "it's pretty cool." I'd say that's an understatement! Enjoy