Mom and Jeanie introduced me to Alexander McCall Smith's series The #1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I checked one out at the library a couple of yrs. ago but didn't get into it. It must not have been the right time. About a year later I found these five books at the Goodwill for $15. I began reading them and have thoroughly enjoyed them! As of this year there are several more books in the series. The stories are about Precious Ramotswe who lives in Botswana and begins her own detective agency. She encounters various mysteries to solve as well as some great characters. I'm pretty sure I read the books in my dear friend, Gillian's, South African accent. Part of the reason I enjoy the books is because of Gillian and being a teensy (and I mean teensy) bit familiar with some of the phrases. Fun reading! Thanks, Mom and Jeanie!!
We're Pregnant!
14 years ago
1 comment:
I also read these. They are fun and slow you down to appreciate the small things....like a cup of bush tea.
Post a Comment