Saturday, October 25, 2008

Killer Apple Pie

Franny and I decided to try a new apple pie recipe from the latest Southern Living magazine. This pie had 4 1/2 pounds of apples in it so we took a picture of the monster before we baked it. It turned out fantastic and we were so busy eating it, we never got a picture of the finished product. The crust had cornmeal and apple cider in it. Yummy.

2 comments:

Julia said...

WOW!!!
I am impressed at this amazing feat. Pie making is one skill I do not posess. I am however pretty good at pie eating so if and when you undertake this heroic effort again, I shall be happy to take the picture of it cooked and sample the final product.

Alexis said...

sounds yummy and looks HUGE!! What kind of apples did you use? The crust sounds really good.