I'm on vacation this week and am getting to enjoy being at home and spending time with friends. Yesterday I got to go walking with my dear friend, Julene. She walks a 3 mi. course every morning about 7 at Stonecreek Golf Course. Yesterday she waited until 10 for me so I could enjoy the walk and all the fall colors. I can't do the Fall colors justice in these pictures but I tried.
I don't know the name of the bush or berry but I like them a lot. There are about 4 bushes connected at the entrance to the golf course.
These are wild Bachelor Buttons (w/dandelions thrown in for effect) There are lots of these growing along the way. Julene said they're usually taller and fuller but had been recently mowed.
California Poppies in Oregon? Surprisingly, we have lots of them. I love seeing them every year as they remind me of growing up in Calif.
One of the views on our walk just before "Butt buster hill". I like the different shades of green/yellow and the awfully dark clouds in the background. No rain the whole way!
The red maples that are scattered throughout the parking lot of Stone Creek Golf Course, home of this 3 mi. trail.
3 comments:
i drove back from my conference last week on the 18/22 corridor between salem and the coast. it was so beautiful! it looked like your picture of yellow trees and dark gray sky.
Isn't it wonderful to notice the details along the walk! There is so much to see in our everyday andso often we are looking at end of the trail. You are a dear friend to share part of your day with me!!
Can't wait! I'll do butt buster hill at 7am!
Post a Comment