
Fall has come to the Northwest. After a few wks. of temps in the 80's and 90's, things are cooling off. Our mornings are getting chilly and when the sun sets, the crispness of fall greets us. I love it!! Last night I made a scrumptious Edamame soup. The recipe is in the latest Better Homes and Gardens. I'll email the recipe if you want it. I bet you can find it online too at BHG. The edamame gives a slightly sweet taste. Guess what's floating on the top? Those are Feta croutons. You cube the feta, dip in egg white, bread in panko (Japanese bread crumbs) and fry for a couple of min. I used garlic and herb flavored feta which turned out to be a great choice! I'm big on garlic. Just ask John (who likes it but is not big on it) :>D I think this will become one of our favorite fall soups.
2 comments:
I'd like the recipe - looks fall yummy!
I agree - sounds really good. I'll check the website. Nothing like a bowl of soup on a chilly day.
Post a Comment