

We visited Julia and Paul on one of the last nice, convertible-friendly, summery evenings in Sept. I admired several of these crafty things on their family room window sills. Next thing I know, Julia has handed me all the fixin's to take home to make my own pumpkin.
I also noticed quite a few of these beautiful fall leaves lying around. Not only did I get a quick "how-to" lesson but Julia sent me home with this pretty green leaf that now adorns our entryway table :) Yes, I said "adorns". Can you say "score"?
All that to say it's Julia's fault that I got into the fall crafting mood. I remembered making a fabric wreath years ago with different fabric for each season. One trip to JoAnn's Fabrics and we now have a fall wreath on the front door. BTW: it's super easy, you can google or ehow it.
Thank you, Julia for your creative ideas and for giving me the crafting, uh, well, I don't exactly have the bug but I do have the desire :) I really enjoyed making the pumpkin and the wreath. How does one mind come up with so many fun and creative projects?? Those of you who share the gene are blessed!

4 comments:
These are great! Summer used to be my favorite season but for quite a few years fall has taken over that spot. How fun to have these special fall adornments.
Wow! You are a quick student! Congrats on making your own wreath and pumpkin. I bet you're already thinking about the Christmas wreath to follow...
You did a great job on your projects. Come back before Christmas and we will work on new projects. Love the wreath!
Cute wreath!
Alli
Post a Comment