![]() |
| Create your own free digital scrapbooking design |
First I thought I chose no music so turn your speakers down if you don't like this music. I can't go back now. This has been some summer, I can tell you. These pictures include the move, 4th of July, the county fair, Seattle, Bainbridge Island, meeting the girls friends, hiking, refinishing the boat to sell, our backyard and whatever else I could get in. We are finally waking up and not wondering where we are. We can find our way to both the girl's homes. Clark calls us Grandma and Grandpa on sight. I know where 3 fabric stores are, am signed up to work at Vacation Bible School at church in a week and have been to see Mary Poppins in Portland. Paul has done his overnight hike, we are invited to dinner Saturday with new friends and have already delivered several items to Goodwill up here. We have picked blueberries twice, know the name of some neighbors and figured out which mailbox is ours in the group of boxes. By tomorrow we should have a dentist. It's been quite a lot to change your whole life. When you get old (and you know who you are), forget crossword puzzles and try moving to keep your brain active! It's quite the exercise. Oh, and speaking of that I walked with Amelia and the Westside Walkers the other day and will go again on Tuesday. The support of our kids has been wonderful and we are enjoying their families so much.

4 comments:
There was no music when I watched your smilebox...you have had a busy summer! What's up with the construction worker/highway worker? It reminded me of your picture with the Beefeater at the Tower of London.
That is Rick in Roseburg. Gas station attendant. He befriended us and gave us all free HUGE drinks. I think he was disappointed when I made mine water. The hat I have on in several pictures is the Retirement Headbandy hat that my work gave me.They told me I had to wear it so I have. It's hard to see but it's in several pictures.
I saw the headband but can't see the details. You might have to take a close-up picture to give us a sense of the thing...other than the fact that when you wear it you look like a kid playing Indians.
Great smilebox! I know your summer has been quite busy. glad you shared. Makes good memories.
Post a Comment