Today we went to the town of Exeter about 15 minutes away. They have 27 murals in the town related to the area. We had a map that listed hidden items in some of the pictures. Here we are by the mural of the Mineral King area.


This train mural had hidden pictures of Darth Vadar, the Wizard of Oz and Buzz Lightyear so it was especially fun.

In addition to the hidden pictures Chris found that if we followed online clues about several of the pictures we could decode the coordinates of a geocache. We did that and found a "treasure". We did one more unrelated geocache in town. This tiny canister was the magnetized container Chris found at on a piece of equipment with lots of bolts. Inside was the tiny piece of paper where we signed in as having found the cache. We had a good walk and were quite entertained by our outing.

Of course Amelia had to pet the horse.

4 comments:
These are great! We love the train in particular. Do you have a picture of Buzz Lightyear?
Yes, he is hidden in the train picture. He is near the top, see him now?
Oooh! I had no idea what you guys were talking about. Now I get it! This looks like so much fun! Very cool.
I love these pics. I would love for the g'kids to get excited about a trip there. I need to find out more about the geocache. I know you do this but I haven't gotten into it yet. I still don't see Buzz.....
Post a Comment