Monday, September 20, 2010

Women's Retreat 2010

This past weekend I went to Hume Lake for a Women's Retreat with my church. We had so much fun and I laughed so hard I cried. We got giggly/silly one night (Jeanie, like you and I did in England, when we were at the farm and mom said, "Now you girls stop that, that is enough" and we just kept laughing). Anyway the speakers were from our own church and it was very good. Shirley and Vicki and I took Friday off and went to quilt stores and had lunch with Amelia at the most awesome gourmet burger place (mine had fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, avocado, and fancy bacon). This picture has our 2 new friends, one of which is Canadian and couldn't believe I knew places around Langley and Vancouver. Oh, so much fun. The air is smoky from a fire down the canyon that has burned since July. They are letting it burn until the snow puts it out in winter. I did get to see Will a few times and have a good visit. I saw Joanna briefly and was happy for that.

Here is the picture of the glass button bracelet I made at retreat. I liked the process but wish I had different buttons. It was more fun than I thought it would be though....maybe because I was in good company. Now I look at it and remember the fun times we had. My friends have
similar button bracelets.


3 comments:

Ben and Alli said...

Fun stuff! Smoke or no smoke, Hume is always beautiful!

Franny said...

can you teach us how to make the button bracelet? was it hard? where do you get the glass buttons. thanks for sharing all of this - sounds like a good time

Julia said...

Can I teach you to make the bracelets? do you hear yourself??? Of course I can teach you to make the bracelets.