

I was reminding Ruth Ann about the Fourth of July candles that Alli (and Amelia?) made one summer. I still pull mine out every year. Julia, can you or the girls remind us of the details of that business venture? I recall it was pretty successful, right? The date's hard to read in the picture: it's 6/29/94.
4 comments:
Oh, my goodness! I just showed my co-worker and he said "um, what is it?" Ha! I remember making those with God's Lambs. That was just the name of the little group of us that got together to make crafts. It was me and Amelia, Natalie and Shannon Wiley (you all know Natalie), and Leslie Shelton. Each time we got together one of the moms would have a different project. Mom did lots of crafts and Carole did more sewing and baking. I totally can't remember what Leslie's mom did! Anyway, always tons of fun and lots of great memories!
Alli
I will send this on to Amelia for clarification. It may have started as a group project but Amelia sold them to neighbors. I don't remember all of the details. She also sold Snowmen. I do remember that on one she made them and sold them but wised up and took orders on the second venture and even negotiated with John, our woodcutting neighbor. I still have mine too.
Those are really cute! I don't have one. I do remember them doing this but 1994 was an exceptional year for my family!
I was nine years old and I think we made and sold those for extra money for our trip to Sea World later that summer.
Post a Comment