Saturday, February 27, 2010

What up Doc?



Who doesn't have need of a 3' quilted carrot? The funny thing was I showed this to a friend and made a joke about what kind of bunny would go with this on a table.....just so happens I was at the house of a person with a 2-3' paper mache bunny! She thought this was great.
Actually, this brings up a memory for RuthAnn, T and I. Mom used to have a friend on Sherwood Street who would decorate her living room and a branch "tree" for each holiday. Mom would take us over after school at each holiday to see what this woman had done that month. I remember her son was in the Navy in Siam and so she had some cool momentos of things he had sent her. Anybody else remember this woman...I don't remember her name...maybe mom knows.

3 comments:

Ben and Alli said...

It's so cute! But what in the world are you going to do with a humongo carrot?
Alli

Franny said...

What a great carrot. Kinda fun as a conversation starter. looks great on your table.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to that lady's house. I don't remember her name either but I can still picture the tree with all the eggs at Easter. Thanks for the memory.