Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shower for Baby Cletus















































NO! His name isn't Cletus but Alli says that's what Julia guessed and I kinda like it (in a silly sort of way) and decided to use it on the blog for all the world to see :>)Today the girls and I had the pleasure of showering Alli along with the women from Ben and Alli's community group from church. Stephanie opened her home to all of 10 of us. We ate, made Alli play a guessing game involving various baby paraphernalia and then Alli opened some great presents. Picture #1 is Joanna and Alli, #2 is Susan's gift to Alli of a "Parent Survival Kit" with all those neat little things you don't think to buy #3 is the darling elephant her friend Kristi made with the baby's initial "C" (hence Cletus), it came with a matching handmade blanket, #4 is Alli holding the hooded baby blanket I knit for Cletus, #5 #6 Alli's reading the Blessing/Encouragement book her friends wrote for her to read during those midnight feedings or times she may think, "What was I thinking, this parenting stuff is way harder than I thought?" #7 is the cousin shot. I think Alli got pics of her friends and maybe the food table. Stephanie's centerpiece was a three-tiered display of disposable baby diapers decorated with pretty ribbon, multiple binkies and baby tennis shoes on the top. Really cute, sorry I didn't get my lazy bottom up to take a pic!

1 comment:

Julia said...

THANK YOU for the pictures! It is fun to see Alli and Cletus! The gifts look fun and I like the aphgan/blanket you made! I especially enjoyed seeing Joanna in glasses. How cool that all of you could make it! Hopefully Alli got a picture of the cake, she forgot to get a picture of all her friends she said.