Saturday, January 10, 2009

Short and Sweet

As you can see Paul and I took a little tiny ship to Catalina Island and Ensenada for 5 days. We went in a group of people with the excuse of taking a Behavior Management Class for the special education teachers onboard. I knew the teachers and some of the cruisers so we had a fun and relaxing time. We spent most of our time with a one couple. We did all the things you do on a cruise, left Mexico the way we found it and will be exercising a lot this coming month. It was a great get-a-way before we have to go back to work on Monday.
Just kidding, this is how big the ship really was! Now I know the difference between Royal Carribean and Carnival. But it doesn't matter as RC doesn't sail out of Long Beach anymore so if you want to sail to Mexico, Carnival is your cruise line. (P.S. They are not the wild party cruise line of 20 years ago .....drat)

4 comments:

Ben and Alli said...

Looks like fun! Mexico would have been nice - we were drowning here in melting snow.

Franny said...

Glad you are back. So what was Carnival really like? Rick is shedding tears for you and Paul since you have to go back to work.

Julia said...

Carnival was really ok. I was surprised that they don't push alcohol like RC. The shows, food, rooms and staff are very similar. Paul says he thought the food was better. I found the ship to be harder to get around but after a couple of days I got it. Muster stations were slightly easier, getting off ship was MUCH faster.

amz said...

If Rick is shedding tears about you two going back to work...I will shed a few for mom for having to go back to school! :)